Improving your hospital
- Modernising our Emergency Department, reducing the time it takes for patients to be seen and assessed
- Improving patient safety and care by minimising the number of different doctors that patients see during their stay in hospital
- Accelerating our recruitment drive to bring in the right people with the right skills. This will ensure consistent high quality care by reducing our dependency on interims and agency staff
- Continuing to improve our corporate and clinical governance, which will support both safe and high quality patient care and a productive working culture for staff
- Improving care for patients with cancer, reducing waiting times, replacing our scanners and providing additional clinic appointments for patients to see specialists
- Working closely with our healthcare partners to ensure patients receive the right care in the community, when they are ready to leave hospital. This will free up beds for people coming into the hospital.
This programme has resulted in a number of improvements. You can read more in Snapshot - our review of 2015/16.