How we handle your information
We need to handle personal information about you in order to provide the correct services for you. Below are details on how we look after that information.
When we ask you for personal information, we promise:
- to make sure you know why we need it
- to only ask for what we need, and not collect too much or irrelevant information
- to protect it and make sure no-one has access to it who does not need it
- to let you know if we share it with other organisations, to give you better public services – and if you can say no
- to make sure we do not keep it longer than necessary
- to not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission
In return, we ask you to:
- provide us with accurate information
- advise us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address
This helps us to keep your information reliable and up to date.
You can get more details on:
- how to find out what information we hold about you, and how to ask us to correct any mistakes
- any agreement we have with other organisations for sharing information
- circumstances when we can pass on your personal information without telling you, for example to prevent and detect crime or to produce anonymised statistics
- our instructions to staff on how to collect, use and delete your personal information
- how we check the information we hold is accurate and up to date
- how to make a complaint
When we ask you for personal information, we will keep to the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998. For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone 0303 123 1113
. Website http://ico.org.uk/
For more information please contact the data protection and information governance manager on 01634 830000 ext 3210.
If English is not your first language and you need an interpreter to help you read through this leaflet please ask a member of staff.
If you have a learning disability and feel that you need help understanding the above information then please call us on 01634 830000 and ask to speak to our learning disabilties liaison nurse.
If you need a larger print version of this leaflet please speak to the patient information and pathway co-ordinator 01634 830000 ext 5432