The delivery suite
The Delivery Suite is a consultant led unit that has a multidisciplinary team approach to caring for you and your baby and care is provided by midwives, obstetricians, neonatal staff, maternity care assistants and students (if you agree to them attending).
All members of the team will ensure the focus is on respecting your individual preferences.
You will give birth on the delivery suite if you:
- choose to
- have medical or obstetric complications
- have had complications in a previous pregnancy or birth.
- go into labour before 37 weeks
- require a high risk induction of labour
- would like an epidural
- if close monitoring is required within the antenatal / postnatal period.
However, all staff will endeavour to ensure that normality is promoted wherever possible. In addition, they will also encourage you at all times to participate fully in your care with support from your birthing partners in a relaxed and friendly environment; which promotes privacy, maintains dignity and is sensitive to your needs and preferences.
The delivery suite has a pool room with facilities for waterproof wireless fetal monitoring for high risk pregnancies.
Telephone: 01634 825278