Vision and values
A huge amount of work has been carried out in recent months as part of our recovery plan to make improvements to the way we care for patients, and this is beginning to bear fruit, despite there still being much more to do. As an organisation we have demonstrated that we can be better, now we must aspire to be the best. This means providing the highest quality of care for our patients, through highly skilled staff.
We need to always be challenging ourselves and asking whether we are the best we can be. If we aren’t, then what is stopping us becoming the best and what can we do to make it an eventuality?
A key part of making our vision a reality will be through our values, making sure we think about them in everything we do.
Our new values are Bold, Every person counts, Sharing and open and Together. I’m sure you have noticed that these spell out BEST!
We are inspiring and ambitious
- We have high aspirations and want to be the best we can be
- We make the right decisions with our patients using evidence and best practice
- We share a common vision
We can be BOLD by striving to be the best, having a “can do” attitude and welcoming and learning from new opportunities.
Every Person Counts
We are respectful and supportive
- We treat everybody with respect
- We value the contribution of all staff
- We support & encourage each other to be our best
We can make sure EVERY PERSON COUNTS by looking for ways to create a positive experience for others, treating others with kindness and challenging behaviour that is not in line with our values.
Sharing and Open
We are open and speak up
- We are open and transparent in all that we do
- We innovate, share and encourage creativity
- We are committed to learning and continuous development
We can be SHARING AND OPEN by speaking up when we see issues that affect the safety and well-being of others, by questioning, challenging and embracing innovation, and by reflecting and sharing what we learn.
We are inclusive and responsible
- We deliver the best care for our patients together
- We work in partnership with our patients, families and our community
- We encourage team working to deliver the best outcomes
- We do what we say we will do.
We can ensure we are TOGETHER by being accountable and responsible for everything we do, working in partnership to deliver the best care and making a positive contribution to the success of the Trust.