Vision and values
The Trust’s overall objective is to continually improve our service and provide the best of care through the best of people and in doing so we will add life to years not just years to life.
By 2028, our ambition is to:
“Deliver brilliant care outcomes through brilliant people and be a leading partner within an integrated system of health and social care, providing a patient experience without boundaries.”
We will know we have succeeded when we have:
- Exceeded our community’s expectation in the way that they can access healthcare when they need it.
- Led the implementation of a local health and social care system which includes being designated as a specialist emergency centre and one of the tertiary women’s and children’s centres for Kent and Medway.
- Become a recognised University Hospital which delivers first class education and research.
- Been recognised nationally for innovation in care and implementing brilliant solutions.
- Become an employer of choice, not only for our local population but also attracting talent from beyond.
- Further improved our Emergency Department’s performance and exceeded national standards and access targets.
- Transformed the way we do business, through modern ways of working and embedding our digital transformation plan.
- Achieved financial sustainability.
Our values are Bold, Every person counts, Sharing and open and Together. I’m sure you have noticed that these spell out BEST!
We are inspiring and ambitious
- We have high aspirations and want to be the best we can be
- We make the right decisions with our patients using evidence and best practice
- We share a common vision
We can be BOLD by striving to be the best, having a “can do” attitude and welcoming and learning from new opportunities.
Every Person Counts
We are respectful and supportive
- We treat everybody with respect
- We value the contribution of all staff
- We support & encourage each other to be our best
We can make sure EVERY PERSON COUNTS by looking for ways to create a positive experience for others, treating others with kindness and challenging behaviour that is not in line with our values.
Sharing and Open
We are open and speak up
- We are open and transparent in all that we do
- We innovate, share and encourage creativity
- We are committed to learning and continuous development
We can be SHARING AND OPEN by speaking up when we see issues that affect the safety and well-being of others, by questioning, challenging and embracing innovation, and by reflecting and sharing what we learn.
We are inclusive and responsible
- We deliver the best care for our patients together
- We work in partnership with our patients, families and our community
- We encourage team working to deliver the best outcomes
- We do what we say we will do.
We can ensure we are TOGETHER by being accountable and responsible for everything we do, working in partnership to deliver the best care and making a positive contribution to the success of the Trust.