Dr Santosh Pattnayak
- First Name:Santosh
- Last Name:Pattnayak
- Contact information:
Please contact the hospital on the number below and ask for the consultant’s details.
Hospital main number: 01634 830000
- Professional profile:
I qualified from India and completed my UK National Neonatal Grid Training from Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge, St Thomas Hospital and St Georges Hospital, London in 2007.
I have been a substantive Consultant Neonatologist from 2008. Since then, I have led the Regional Neonatal Transport Service. I am an Executive Member of UK National Neonatal Transport Group, an affiliated body to British Association of Perinatal Medicine (BAPM). I work very closely with the Transport Leads of Sussex and Surrey NTS as a part of KSS NTS and also with London NTS. The main intention of an efficient NTS service is to provide the right care to right baby and family in right unit closer to home.
Oliver Fisher Neonatal Unit provides excellent care to babies and their families in Kent and South East Coast. I am proud to say that this unit is Research active. My Research Interest includes Weaning of Neonatal Respiratory support, Management of Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA), MRI imaging of brain following hypoxic ischaemic injury and Neonatal / Perinatal Infections.
- Specialty Area(s):
- Neonatal medicine
- Professional expertise:
- Consultant Neonatologist and Lead for Kent Neonatal Transport Services (NTS)
- Interest in Neonatal and Perinatal Infections
- Member of Trust Infection Control and Antibiotics Stewardship Committee
- Lead for Neonatal Cardiac Services
- MD (Paediatrics)
- MRCP (Ireland)
- GMC No.:5205559
- Fellow of Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- Member of British Association of Perinatal Medicine (BAPM)
- Executive Member of UK Neonatal Transport Group (NTG)
- Member of The Neonatal Society UK
- Member of European Society of Paediatric Infectious Diseases (ESPID)
- Paediatrician with Expertise in Cardiology Special Interest Group (PECSIG)
- Neonatologists with Interest in Cardiology and Haemodynamics (NICHe)
- Life Member of Indian Academy of Paediatrics (IAP)