Mr Waleed Edrees
- First Name:Waleed
- Last Name:Edrees
- Contact information:
Telephone: 01634 830000 ext 3544
- Professional profile:
I qualified at Cairo University in 1987, with basic surgical training in Cairo and the Gulf, higher surgical training in Northern Ireland and the North West region. I was awarded an MD degree in 2001 for my research on peripheral vascular disease and bypass surgery.
I was appointed as a consultant vascular surgeon in 2006 at Medway Maritime Hospital and I am currently the Lead Clinician for the Vascular Centre.
I provide a full range of elective and emergency vascular services including key hole abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (EVAR), carotid endarterectomy for stroke prevention, upper and lower limb arterial surgery, minimally invasive varicose veins surgery (laser or radiofrequency ablation), lymphoedema, hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) and diabetic foot management.
I run clinics at Medway Maritime Hospital and Gravesham Community Hospital.
I am actively involved in teaching and training medical students from King's College. I am a clinical and educational supervisor for Medway junior doctors at F1, F2, SHO and SpR levels.
- Service:Surgical services
- Specialty Area(s):Vascular surgery
- Professional expertise:
- Aortic surgery including keyhole surgery (endovascular aneurysm repair or EVAR)
- Carotid Surgery for stroke prevention
- Peripheral Vascular Disease and arterial reconstructions
- Diabetic related vascular disease
- Varicose Veins surgery including keyhole surgery or endovenous ablation with laser and radiofrequency
- FRCS (Gen.Surg)
- GMC No.:4483579
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Vascular Society
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- British Medical Association