Would you like to stand to become a Governor at Medway NHS Foundation Trust?
This is your opportunity to make a difference to the running of the Medway Maritime Hospital by standing as a candidate in the 2021 round of governor elections. Seats are available in all our constituencies – Medway, Swale, Rest of England and Staff – with new terms starting on 1 July 2021. A copy of the notice of election is available here.
As part of the role of a governor, you will:
- Represent the interests of the Trust’s members
- Have a chance to visit hospital services
- Undertake training and development to support you in the role
- Represent your community and help the voice of staff, patients and the public to be heard by the Trust
- Hold the Non-Executive Directors on the Board to account for the performance of the Trust.
Current members are being contacted by Civica who are running the elections to notify them of the nomination process opening. Nominations open on Wednesday 24 February 2021 and the deadline for completed nomination forms is Wednesday 24 March 2021. To stand as a governor you must be 16 or over and be a Member of the Trust in the constituency in which an election is being held. If you are not yet a member of the Trust and wish to stand as a Governor do sign up here.
How to apply
To find out more information and complete a nomination form online visit www.cesvotes.com/medway2021
An information session for candidates interested in standing is taking place on 12 March 2021 from 12.30pm – 1.30pm on MS Teams, and can be joined here. This is your chance to meet the Chair, Lead Governor and Company Secretary to learn more about the role.