Interested in becoming a Governor?
This is your opportunity to make a difference. As part of the role, you will:
- Represent the interests of the Trust’s members
- Learn about the hospital's services
- Undertake training and development to support you in the role
- Represent your community and help the voice of staff, patients and the public to be heard by the Trust
- Hold the Non-Executive Directors to account for the performance of the Trust.
Members can apply to become a governor of the constituency in which they reside (Medway, Swale or Rest of England).
Governors are elected for a term of three years, and can stand for re-election once (giving a total length of service of six years).
They are asked to commit eight to ten hours a month to their role.
Governors are expected to adhere to the Trust’s Code of Conduct and attend meetings of the Council of Governors which take place four times a year (these meetings are currently held virtually via MS Teams).
Governors are also expected to attend the Annual General Meeting and any other meetings identified by the Council.
2022 Medway and Rest of England & Wales Elections
We are pleased to announce that we will soon be holding elections for one seat in each of the Medway and Rest of England & Wales constituencies.
Nominations will open on Wednesday 1 June 2022.
Please keep checking here for further information which will be available soon.
If you have any questions, please email the Membership Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01634 825292.