Our Staff Governors are keen to hear what is important to you!
Is there an issue you want to discuss?
Do you have any ideas on how our Staff Governors can engage with staff?
You can contact them by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Staff Governor?
Staff Governors are here to represent you! They play a key role by informing the Council of Governors about widely held staff views.
Further information about the Council of Governors is available on the Trust’s website here.
What are their main responsibilities?
- Represent the views of staff and act as a link between them and the Board of Directors.
- Hold the Non-Executive Directors to account by listening, observing and questioning.
What can they do?
- Act as the link between staff and the Board.
- Help the Board to make sure that the views of staff are taken into account when plans are being developed.
- Highlight trends to the Board through engaging with staff.
What can't they do?
- Get involved in the day to day running of the Trust.
- Act as representatives or advise on employment issues, employment relations cases or staff grievances.
- Bring individual issues or concerns to the Board
Staff Governor Elections
Details of future elections will be available here. For questions about the election process, please contact email@example.com
To be eligible to stand as a Staff Governor you must at the point of the election:
- Be employed by the Trust under a contract of employment with the Trust which has no fixed term or has a fixed term of at least 12 months; or
- Have been continuously employed by the Trust under a contract of employment with the Trust for at least 12 months; or
- Work on behalf of a voluntary organisation or are registered volunteers at the Trust and in either case have exercised these functions for the Trust continuously for a period of at least 12 months and whose place of work is at the Trust.