Endocrinology is study of hormones produced from the endocrine glands, which are essential for our day-to-day survival. Endocrinologist treat disease that are related to the endocrine glands. We provide treatment for various endocrine disorders for patients across Medway and Swale.The service is led by our Consultant Endocrinologists, who are trained to diagnose and treat different types of endocrine problems and helping to restore the normal balance of hormones in your system.
Conditions that we treat are:
- Disorder of the gland
- Disorders of the parathyroid glands
- Adrenal diseases ( Addison’s and adrenal tumours)
- Polycystic ovary syndrome
- Delayed puberty
- Disorders of growth
- Pituitary disease and tumours
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Hyperinsulinaemic hypoglycaemia.
- Adrenal MDT jointly with the Urologists at Medway.
- Liaison with Kings College Hospital for pituitary and Neuro-Endocrine MDT